“You are always a valuable, worthwhile human being…because you decide to believe it and for no other reason.” – Wayne Dyer
With the counselling services I offer, my current primary areas of practice include seeing youth, parents, family counselling, adults, and couples. Not only for adults but children and youth too are deserving of respect and need to have a voice in their own lives, including in the counselling relationship.
I value working with youth and their families/caregivers together, to explore ways to strengthen communication and family dynamics, fostering greater family harmony.
I offer a complimentary phone consultation, which gives you the opportunity to see if we would be a good fit for working together.
What does the counselling process look like?
In your first session you and I will discuss and mutually agree upon the following things:
- What can be expected from counselling
- What the limits of confidentiality are
- Emergency contact information
- A review of the intake information sheet
- Your hopes and goals from counselling
- A general plan for the counselling process
- Any other important agreements or considerations